Thursday, December 7, 2006

wax off


After 3 evenings and 2 mornings work, I have about 1/3 of the beast protected w/1 coat of wax- if you think waxing a car is tough, try getting enough leverage to remove heavy oxidation while on a ladder ( talk about 'tipsy'- I didn't even have a beer). Ahhh, the sight of beading water on a freshly waxed surface after the first rain- truly a beautiful thing. Ladies out there- 2 bottles of Meguires' Carnuba wax also does wonders for the nails! I'm accepting reservations for those interested in improving their nails, no charge. Drove to Murphy, NC ( home of our beloved Super-Size I need 48 rolls of paper towels-mart) today- plenty of power over the mountain. I'm pretty sure I spent more on fuel than I did at the big box -mart. Did I mention how narrow some of these mountain roads are? Also, you know those crank-up ceiling vents in motor homes? You'd think they would put a warning on them that explained ' if you leave this vent even partially cracked while driving the force of the wind will make it flap so loud you'll think a heat shield is coming off upon atmosphere re-entry' . I heard a faint, Scottish- accented voice in my head: ' I dunna' think she can take much more of this, Captain' Or, at least a sticker: ' secure completely before driving, noob' . The iron grates on the stove also make a fairly alarming noise as you take a bump: now I know why they were in the drawers... Anyway, it's all good ( until someone gets hurt) and I'm sure I'll find more fascinating tid-bits to share in the future.
dave

No comments: